About DIY Blogroll Contact

Monday 11 June 2012

DIY: Decorated Brown Paper Bag Envelopes







I think these are the sweetest little envelopes- and so simple to make, too! I think they'd make the perfect addition to a handmade birthday card, or maybe even a Valentine's Day surprise, but that's just my opinion!



See the tutorial for these envelopes after the jump!






- So, to make these, you'll need:

+ Some brown paper bags
+ A ruler
+ a pencil
+ Some scissors
+ Some decorations; cut- out hearts, buttons, embroidery thread, stencils, etc.




Firstly, using your ruler make a mark 10.5 cm and then 18cm up the middle of your paper bag:







Next, draw a straight line through the bottom mark, like so:






Now, draw lines from the higher mark (the one sitting 18cm up the middle of your bag) down to the very edges of the lower line:







Now, you should be left with something that looks a little like this:






Now, your envelope is ready to cut out! This part is easy; just along the top line/s that form the peak.






If you prefer, you can now either cut off or fold in the front triangle so you don't have two flaps. I decided to fold mine inside the envelope, like this:







And voila, your envelope is all done! Now, feel free to decorate it however you like.











4 comments:

  1. These are very pretty. I have two teenage daughters who are very into art. They'd love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I've always seen these kinds of DIY posts. But I wonder about these images. How do you take pictures of yourself drawing lines and what not with no hands? Who took the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abdul, good question! I always used to marvel at how DIYers did these kind of posts- I thought they must all have their own private photographers or something. Then my trusty friend, the tripod came along! ;)

      Delete